The Dallas Area Rapid Transit
They say that everything is bigger in Texas, and that's definitely true when it comes to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. By population, DFW is the fourth largest metro area in the United States, home to over 6 million residents. By land area, it's the size of a small state. There's plenty to see in the two great cities and many suburbs that make up the DFW Metroplex, so you'll definitely want an easy way to get from point A to point B. The Dallas Area Rapid Transit authority – we call it DART – is the most convenient way to travel in DFW.
DART offers a number of travel options, from light rail to city buses, to simplify your travel experience when living in Dallas-Fort Worth. Our team at RE/MAX DFW Associates has put together a handy guide to DART, to help you get acquainted with your new city.
DARTing Around Dallas: Your Guide to the Dallas Area Rapid Transit
The fine folks who operate DART keep the focus on convenience, affordability, and extensive coverage. You can use DART services to get just about anywhere in Dallas, whether you need a ride to catch a flight at DFW Airport, or you just need a quick trip across town to your favorite dinner spot.
- Affordability – DART offers affordable travel options for everyone living in Dallas-Fort Worth, from occasional riders to daily commuters. You can choose an affordable two-hour pass, an all-day pass, or a monthly pass to cover all of your travel needs. If you're traveling to Fort Worth, you can opt for a regional pass which also covers Fort Worth's TRE public transit trains.
- Convenience – Planning to use DART often to explore Dallas, or for your daily commute to work? You'll definitely want to download the DART GoPass app, which allows you to purchase passes, check arrival times, and even plan your route ahead of time.
- Coverage – DART has a train or bus to take you just about anywhere in Dallas, and partners with Fort Worth's Trinity Railway Express to provide coverage for the whole DFW Metroplex. By the numbers, DART covers an impressive 700 square miles of territory.
- Hidden Gems – Dallas has plenty of popular, well-traveled destinations to explore, but the city is also home to many hidden gems. DART prides itself on providing easy access to “DARTable” gems, and even devotes a special page on its website to highlight the best off-the-beaten-path destinations in Dallas.
- Versatility – DART is able to cover so much ground because it offers a wide variety of travel options. Bus services cover short distances in the city, while light rail and commuter rail extend coverage to every corner of Dallas. There are plenty of options to choose from, and the GoPass app is always available to help you plan the best route.
- Special Services – Looking to take in a Dallas Mavericks game or concert at the American Airlines Center? Need a ride to the airport, and don't want to leave your vehicle at the mercy of long-term parking? No problem. DART has dedicated routes to the most important local hot-spots.
Searching for the perfect home near your favorite DART stop? Contact our team at RE/MAX DFW Associates for everything you need to shop for homes in Dallas-Fort Worth.