When you enter the Dallas Historic West End District, you still see evidence of its industrial past. The brick buildings that give the area a throwback feel once housed manufacturers and warehouses.
Rehabbing and redecorating gave those buildings a new life as trendy restaurants, shops, museums, and entertainment venues. It's a great area for dining, exploring, or celebrating special events.
Our Dallas REALTORS® live and work in the area. We enjoy the West End District’s entertainment venues. Whether you’re new to the area or you're a longtime Dallas homes resident, we want to help you discover the benefits of this exciting shopping, dining, and entertainment district.
Here’s just a sample of what you’ll find.
Living in the District
Walkability, shopping, restaurants, entertainment, low crime, and a reasonable cost of living give the West End District a high livability rating. You’ll find your spacious condo or apartment home in one of the district’s vintage industrial buildings.
Shop the the Boutiques
You'll find the unique goods and services you can't find anywhere else.
- Wild Bill’s Western Wear - Boots, hats, and accessories for the cowboy or cowgirl at heart
- Kiss Bartique - A great resource for bold and trendy clothing, jewelry, and accessories
- Kokopelli Candy - Treat your sweet tooth to ice cream, cookies, and candy
- 1001 Wine and Spirits - Wide selection of alcoholic beverages, cigars, and gifts
Walk or Ride Through the District
Walkability is one of the West End District’s key features. If walking isn’t your thing, you have a few alternatives.
Take a romantic carriage ride
Glide through town on a Segway
- Dallas Segway Tours - A 1.5 hour Segway tour through the area.
Learn Something New at a Museum
Local museums entertain and educate. They offer activities, programs, and entertainment for the whole family.
- The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, (Texas School Book Depository) - Showcases the history and the legacy of President John F Kennedy. Just outside the building, you can visit the grassy knoll where President Kennedy was shot.
- The Dallas Holocaust Museum - Learn the art of being an “Upstander.” Hear shared survivor stories.
- The Dallas World Aquarium - Visit aquatic habitats as they would exist in Mundo Maya, Orinoco, South Africa and Borneo.
- Old Red - Dallas History Museum Collections and exhibits.
- The Perot Museum of Nature and Science
Make Dining Delicious and Fun
The West End Historic District offers restaurants for a fun family occasion or a night on the town. Here are few favorites.
- Ellens - Brunch is all they do, because "it's always brunch o'clock somewhere." Southern recipes from scratch. Eggs Benedict, the Big ‘Ol Breakfast and more.
- House of Blues - Serving chicken, jambalaya, ribs and “Food that feeds the soul.” Live Blues, R&B, Gospel, Jazz, and Roots-based Rock & Roll. Kids eat free.
- Gators - Family friendly restaurant. Homemade Cajun, Tex-Mex, Seafood, and live crawfish dishes. Karaoke Thursday through Sunday
Get to Know the Dallas Community
We believe it’s important to know your community. Our real estate professionals are happy to help. Contact RE/MAX DFW Associates for information about buying or selling your home or if you simply want to learn more about the activities in your community.