Living in an urban setting with your four-legged friend can be great fun--as long as you choose the right city. Fortunately for you, Dallas happens to be one of the most pet-friendly cities around. It's not at all unusual to find dog-friendly cafes, parks, public transportation options and even doggie day spas for when your friend deserves a special treat. Exploring Dallas with your furry friend is the perfect way to get acquainted with your new home, and make some new, two-legged friends in the process.
Why Your Pup (and You) Will Love Living in DallasÂ
One of the best things about living in Dallas with your dog is the way that your pup can lead you to new experiences throughout the city. The city's dog-friendly parks, businesses and public spaces attract a diverse, welcoming crowd united by a love of four-legged friends. Check homes for sale in Dallas around the city's most popular dog parks to find your perfect home base, then get out and start exploring.
- Dog-Friendly Parks â Bark Park Central is the biggest dog park in the city and doubles as a shopping center to pick up unique items for your pets. There are also off-leash dog parks spread throughout the city where Fido can run free. In addition to being fun for your pet, the dog parks of Dallas are great for meeting other canine enthusiasts and learning about dog-friendly activities around the city.
- Food with Fido â A busy day of play is sure to leave you and your pup hungry, so why not start the evening with a proper Texas meal? Mutts Cantina is a hybrid dog park/dining spot where you can enjoy dinner and drinks while your pup plays. Many of the city's dog-friendly restaurants have special menus just for pups with meals and treats made from high-quality ingredients.
- Pamper Your Pup â A day at the spa is nice for dogs, too! Many of the groomers in the city go far beyond the standard wash and cut to provide an enjoyable, relaxing experience for your four-legged friend. Or you can take matters into your own hands. Dirty Dawgz groomers are self-serve grooming facilities where you can pamper your pup as much as you'd like.
- Tasty Treats â Normally, feeding cupcakes to your pup is not something the vet recommends. But there is one tasty exception to the rule. Sprinkles Cupcakes, located in the Preston Center, offers delicious treats for dogs and humans alike.
- A Round of Golf â It's hard to imagine a more fun place for a dog than a golf course. Balls hidden everywhere, endless smells to explore and plenty of new friends to meet. Some of the public golf courses around the city are dog-friendly and sometimes it's nice to have a caddie who doesn't talk back.
- Exploring the City â These dog-friendly businesses, parks and activities are just the start of what you and your furry friend will find in Dallas. So one of the best ways to experience the city is simply to grab a leash, bring your buddy and see what kind of adventures you can uncover.
Our REALTORSÂ® in Dallas know a thing or two about dog-friendly living, and we'd love to help you find the perfect spot in the city. Contact RE/MAX DFW Associates in Dallas to buy and sell homes in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.