How to Buy Your Dallas Dream Home
The start of a new year is the perfect time to reflect, regroup and get ready to buy a home during the year ahead. If you're thinking about buying a house in the local Dallas real estate market, developing the right habits will make it easier to plan your budget, save money and find the property in the future.Â We've created this list of the five most important habits to develop now, if your planning on buying a house in 2017.
- Cultivate a Clean Credit History â Your credit history plays an important role in your ability to secure a loan. It's worth reviewing your history even if you're normally able to make all payments on time. Mistakes can be made that have nothing to do with you and are easier to resolve before you attempt to secure a mortgage. And if your credit history has a few blemishes, now is the time to take care of any outstanding issues.
- Live on a Budget â Saving for a home and getting a new home ready to move in often require making a few short-term financial sacrifices; it's really helpful to learn to live on a set budget during the home shopping period. Saving doesn't have to mean giving up your all of your favorite luxuries or entertainment options and living on a budget will allow you to develop a financial plan that doesn't compromise your quality of life.
- Start Saving â Hopefully, you've already been stowing away funds in anticipation of your search for a new home. Now is the time to grow those savings, so that you can include a more attractive down payment in your offers. Most banks will allow you to automatically deposit a set amount from paychecks into your home savings which is a great way to simplify the process of saving for your down payment.
- Find the Right Real Estate Agent â Working with an experienced real estate agent will make your life much easier. Research real estate agents in your area, ask friends for referrals and schedule meetings to determine which agent is right for you. Look for an agent with good attention to detail, willingness to answer all of your questions and deep knowledge of your local real estate market.
- Plan Your Visits â Visiting homes is exciting, but it can also be extremely time-consuming if you don't start out with a solid plan. Rather than driving around and visiting homes that catch your eye, try to plan visits ahead of time to include multiple homes in the same area. Planning your visits allows you to see more homes and narrow down your list efficiently, without the stress of rushing across town from one location to the next.
If you've been searching for the right real estate agent to help you through the journey of buying a house, you've come to the right place! Contact our team at RE/MAX DFW Associates for everything you need to buy and sell homes in theÂ Dallas-Fort Worth real estate area.