5 Tips for Getting Multiple Offers When Selling a House
Context matters when you're working to sell your home because no home is sold in a vacuum. If you want to draw multiple offers (of course you do!), then understanding that context is the key. Where is your list price in relation to similar homes in your area? Is your neighborhood a destination for home shoppers outside of your area? What sets your home apart from the competition and how can you help shoppers see it? The answers to these questions, and more, will help you position your home to draw offers from multiple bidders.
Our REALTORSÂ® at RE/MAX DFW Associates know how to maximize the value of your home, and we've got some tips to help you generate multiple offers. Some of our tips will work best with the help of your REALTORÂ®, but we've also included a few you can get started on right away.
- Aggressive Pricing â Setting an aggressive price does not have to mean settling for a deal that's far below your desired price. It's really about understanding your local real estate market, and setting a price that makes your home stand out from similar listings. Besides, once you have multiple people bidding, the offer you ultimately accept should be better than you original list price.
- Put the âOpenâ in Open House â No, we're not talking about letting everyone in the neighborhood tour your master bedroom. We simply mean that by honestly and openly answering questions from legitimate potential buyers, you'll have a better chance to draw multiple bids. And when an interested buyer does request a visit, try to make time even if it doesn't fit into your planned open house schedule.
- Marketing Matters â Working with a REALTOR that understands digital marketing is an excellent way to generate more interest in your home. Buyers use social media, search engines, and real estate content to find homes that catch their eye. It's also hard to overstate the impact that professional photos (and video) have on your home's ability to generate interest, especially in buyers who may have to travel a bit to visit your home in person. You want people to be able to fall in love with your home whether they find it online, or show up on your doorstep.
- Share the Details â Did you recently remodel your family room, purchase new appliances, or have a central HVAC system installed? Be sure that potential buyers know about all of the updates that you've made to your home. Shoppers love to see a home that keeps up with the times.
- Clean and Clutter-Free â When you're showing your home to potential buyers, attention to detail is tremendously important. Clean everything, clear out clutter, and dust those hidden corners that haven't seen sunlight since the day you moved in. In addition to the visual appeal, showing a clean, organized home reflects well on the care that you've given your home over the years.
Your choice of REALTORÂ® will be one of the most important decisions you make in maximizing the market for your home. We've got you covered. Contact our team at RE/MAX DFW Associates for everything you need to buy and sell homes in the Dallas-Fort Worth real estate area.